Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today's the [Supposed] Day and Someone's Going to Be Screwed

Over the past week, I have written about what some religious groups claim to be Judgement Day, which happens to be um, today. I'm up and dressed, have had my breakfast (scrambled eggs, toast, grapes, coffee and orange juice), and have VH1 in the background as I write this. So far, nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Then again, I guess things are supposed to happen at 6 PM in one's time zone, if they happen at all.

Most of you who have voted in my poll seem pretty confident that Judgement Day will NOT happen today. If you have not cast your vote already, you have until midnight tonight to do so. (After all, there won't be much point in doing so once this day has passed.)

From my understanding, 6PM has come and gone in some places, such as  Singapore without anything happening. (See the comment section on that link.) The day is not yet over, so anything could happen at this point.

Regardless of how today actually plays out, someone's going to be screwed. Those who have dismissed the idea of today being Judgement Day will be caught off guard if it does happen. Those who haven't been saved will be left behind to face destruction. Those who have given up their normal lives, cleared out their bank accounts, etc., in anticipation of today are going to be in a very awkward position if nothing happens. At the very least, people that have been going through the trouble of spreading "the word" about today and have no question in their mind about today being Judgement Day will be quite embarassed if today were to come and go without anything happening. If nothing happens tomorrow, I hope groups like Family Radio will be prepared to explain themselves.

I'll try not to say any more until 6PM my time. God willing, I will be sure to give you all an update then.

No comments: