Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Laden? I Thought We Forgot About Him

Some of you may have heard the news that Osama bin Laden is dead. I heard it on the radio, and maybe it was because I was still waking up, but I didn't react strongly, one way or the other. To be honest, I thought we had forgotten about him. After all, it's been nearly ten years since 9/11 (and yes, I STILL remember where I was at the time), and if I recall correctly, the amount of talk there was about him eventually went on the decline.

I don't know what his death is going to mean for us or Al-Qeada. One of my thrift store colleagues thinks that there will be retaliation on the terrorists' end, and it'll be World War III for us. We'll just have to wait and see.

So, for those of you who heard about the death, how did you react? Did you have strong feelings either way, or did you, like me, pretty much forget about him?

No comments: