Friday, May 20, 2011

Proverbs 27:1 and Tomorrow's Alleged Rapture.

In the King James version of the Bible, Proverbs 27:1 says, "Boast not of tomorrow for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." (I'll admit, I googled that one. In some churches that version is considered the only acceptable version.)

If you've been following this blog lately, you know that it had been predicted by some Christian groups that May 21, which happens to be tomorrow is Judgement Day. Earlier this week, I posted a poll asking visitors if they believed that Judgement Day is May 21. Of the 25 people who have voted so far, only one said yes, one said don't know, one said don't care, and the rest said no. I felt that it would have been cheating if "I" had voted on that poll. However, if I had voted, I would've voted don't know. Not only would this be because of the whole thing about not knowin the day or the hour (something stressed by many people who do NOT buy into the May 21 business) but also because I don't know what the next day will bring forth. Tomorrow may or may not bring forth the rapture and the earthquakes that Family Radio had claimed would happen. (And there is NO question to these people about this date.)

What sorts of things will you all do tomorrow, whether Judgement Day occurs tomorrow or not? As for me, I plan to eat a good breakfast and take care of some other stuff and let whatever shall happen happen.

No comments: