Sunday, May 15, 2011

Okay, Getting Nervous Here

A group called Family Radio claims that Judgement Day (when Christ will make his second appearance on Earth and take all true believers to heaven) will happen on May 21--which just so happens to be this coming Saturday--and the world and all who are left by then will be destroyed altogether exactly five months later. In their FACTS about May 21, 2011, they say that one of the things that will happen on that day is that there will be a worldwide earthquake. They also dismiss any possibility that May 21will come and go without anything happening. Another thing they say that those who are not saved by that time have no chance at salvation. So basically, those that are not in Heaven by this Saturday will die sometime within the five months that follow and will go straight to Hell. At least, that was how it sounded to me.

I know that I shouldn't let this kind of stuff get to me, but I can't help it. If the Bible says that God is the only one that knows when Christ will return and the world will end, then I would think that there IS the chance that the rapture, earthquake, etc. might happen at some point on that day. Then again, it might not.

My plan is that, IF May 21 comes and goes and no earthquakes or anything like that happens, then I will drop those people a message asking them what happened (and encourage anyone reading this to do the same). That is, unless they have information on their site after that date to reflect lack of anything happening. If I end up having to write to them or end up finding information after May 21, I will let you all know here. In the meantime, I should probably calm down and go about my business.

No comments: