Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hopefully, There Will Be Less Drama in June

Today is the last day of May.  There has been some drama going down this month.

This month, there was the scare about there being a rapture and a worldwide earthquake on the 21st. Obviously, that didn't happen. The same guy behind that prediction is now saying that those things will happen on October 21 of this year. Um, yeah, we'll see.

The day after what was supposed to be Doomsday, Joplin, which I live up to maybe an hour away from as far as driving distance is concerend, got hit by a tornado which killed and/or injured a lot of people. One of the injured people was someone I knew since middle school. As far as I know, she's still alive, but her house and car have been destroyed. From my understanding, it will take months, if not years, for Joplin to get everything back in order. The controversial Westboro Baptist Church had planned on picketing in Joplin on Sunday, saying that the tornado was God's judgement on Joplin, but it's my understanding that their plan ended up not working out. (That reminds me, some of you reading this might be interested to know that yesterday, when they were protesting at Arlington Cemetery some members of the KKK were part of the group of counter protesters. And no, I don't generally care for the KKK either.)

Also, last week, someone from an online book club that I was in had been going through a lot and had mentioned wanting to die. It has been five days since said person has posted on any of the forums, and I'm hoping they're okay.

I'm hoping that this month, there will be less drama. Here's hoping for no natural disasters, no more end of the world scares, or anyone getting depressed or anything like that.

No comments: