Thursday, May 19, 2011

Doing Laundry for the Last Time?

Today is Laundry Day for me. (I generally do it once a week, either on Tuesday or Thursday depending on my stepdad's schedule.) I've done two loads so far and have one going in the dryer as we speak.

IF Judgement Day is this Saturday, and I'm one of the people raptured, this will be the last time I do laundry as well as the last time I change my sheets. (I have two pairs of sheets that I rotate between each week.) I'll have left behind a couple of unwashed items. I think I will write a note stating that in the event of Rapture on Saturday, I want all of my clothing, shoes, and bedding donated to the thrift store where I volunteer (whose proceeds go to the Humane Society). Failing that, I would want it donated to the Salvation Army, sold at a garage sale, or sent to someone still on Earth who could use those things. Same goes for books, miscellaneous, and other things that I may leave behind. I will specify that any clothing I have that is unwashed be washed prior to donating it or whatever is done with it.

If there was no question in my mind that Judgement Day would in fact happen on Saturday, I would already be in the process of clearing out my wardrobe (which is rather extensive, espeically the sweaters). However, it could very well turn out that nothing will happen on that day and thus I will be around long enough to wear everything out. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take care of my last load of laundry for the week if not for good.

No comments: