Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Current Poll Results, Song Addiciton,and Potentially Last Dinner With the Family

For those of you who have voted so far, thank you. At this point, 16 people have voted altogether: I've gotten one yes, fourteen nos, and one don't know.

In light of claims of Judgement Day being this Saturday, I've become somewhat addicted to the REM song It's The End of the World As We Know It. I played that song on YouTube a bunch of times last night and a couple of times this morning. I've got my volunteer work at a thrift store today, like I normally do on Wednesdays. I'll try not to think about that song too much.

Tonight, I have plans to go out to dinner with my mom and stepdad. It's his birthday today. Normally, my mom likes to cook birthday dinner for people. However, as they need to make final preparations for their trip tomorrow, we are going out for Chinese buffet (stepdad's idea). IF this Saturday is in fact Judgement Day, then this will be the last time I will have dinner with them, let alone at a buffet or anywhere else. On the off chance that Judgement Day turns out to occur on Saturday after all, I will not take tonight for granted. But I will not say anything about Judgement Day or the end of the world or anything like that at dinner or anything like that. (My mom and stepdad may or may not have heard about it. I'm guessing they haven't.) It's going to be a nice, pleasant dinner.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go prepare my lunch for today and do whatever else I need to do before time to head out the door.

No comments: