Thursday, October 20, 2011

One Day until the [Supposed] End of the World

Today, I put in yet another job application (this time to a gas station that my boyfriend told me was currently hiring), released a book on the local college campus, and did some survey emails. If the world were to end tomorrow, then this will have been the last day to have done all of these things.
According to this particular site, the supposed time the world is such that I can expect it to end before my alarm goes off in the morning. (I try to get up at six.) If I wake up tomorrow, I might check the site tomorrow and see if it's still there and what has become of the timer.

If tomorrow comes and goes without the world ending, then everybody who swore by the October 21 prediction is going to look more foolish than they did back on May 21. I wonder what the explanation will be on Saturday.

My plans for tomorrow at this time consist of my usual volunteer work at a local thrift store in the day and seeing a movie with my boyfriend at night. If Saturday does come, I will likely be spending it with my boyfriend. (I've spent a lot of my Saturdays with him during these past couple of months.) Needless to say, if I update this blog at any point after tomorrow it will likely be Saturday night or later before I do.

That's where I'm at. What are your plans for tomorrow? And if Saturday does come, what do you plan to do then?

No comments: