Monday, October 10, 2011

Eleven Days until the [Supposed] End of the World

I know I'm skipping a couple of days. In my defense, at least as far as Saturday was concerned, I was busy with my boyfriend pretty much all day. On Sunday, I guess I just didn't get around to blogging here.
Saturday, my mom and stepdad were out of town. My boyfriend came over late that morning. We were at the house most of the time but we went out for a little bit in the evening. If the prediction of October 21 being the end of the world comes true, then that could very well be the last time he is over at my place. It would also be the last time my mom and stepdad will have gone on an out of town trip together.

Sunday, I found out that someone that often sat in the row behind me in church had died the night before. Although he was elderly, it kind of surprised me as the last time I had seen him was the Sunday before that. If I can't predict someone's death, why would I bother with trying to predict the end of the world? I think a lot of major stuff happens at a time when one does not expect it to. As far as I knew, the gentleman in question did not concern himself with the world coming to an end or trying to predict it. He seemed perfectly fine with life, especially with being able to get up and go to church on Sunday. He will be missed.

Those are my thoughts for now. Remember, there is still time to vote on the poll if you have not already.

No comments: