Sunday, October 16, 2011

Five Days until the [Supposed] End of the World

I know I'm skipping a day once again. As was the case last time, I was otherwise engaged all day.

According to some professed Christian websites, the end of the world will be this coming Friday.

Yesterday, I was at the annual Homecoming parade in my hometown. If the October 21 prediction of the world ending comes true, then it will be the last Homecoming parade ever. I also saw my sister, nephew and niece. If the October 21 prediction comes true, then that may be the last time I will have ever seen them.

Today, I went to church as usual, and as is the tradition in said church we had our monthly fellowship luncheon, which we normally do on the third Sunday of the month. If the October 21 prediction comes true, then it will the the last time that both of those things happen. I also attended the memorial service of an elderly gentleman who died last weekend. As far as I can recall, I've never been to a memorial service, just funerals where the body was present. (Whether or not I'd go to the burial generally depended on the circumstances of the time.) If the October 21 prediction comes true, then this will be the last memorial service I will have ever gone to.

That's where I'm at right now. Remember, if you have not yet voted on the poll, you have five days left to do so.

No comments: