Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Really Need to Pay More Attention to Political Stuff

Before I begin, I would like to apologize for being MIA on this blog for as long as I have. (Unfortunately, the amount of time that has passed since I last updated this was not entirely justifiable.)
Anyway, I have badly slacked as far as paying attention to the news and the latest hot button issues, such as the conflict between Isreal and Iran is concerned. This is especially bad behavior on my part since I'm engaged to a guy who is entering the political scene this year, and I have to be prepared to answer to the media or anyone else on where I stand on anything political.

It may be that I will have to pay ultra-close attention to the news from here on out and/or study like crazy on the issues that I'm behind on my knowledge of. After all, I have to be able to take a stand on every single thing and not say that I don't have an opinion on xyz right? Otherwise, I might as well forfeit being registered to vote if I'm not going to be diligent enough to keep up to speed with the issues out there. But since my not being a registered voter would be an embarrassment to my fiance (not to mention it's not really a route I especially want to take), I'll just have to absorb every detail of every issue out there so that I can be prepared for when and if it comes up in conversation with someone else.   At least, that's the way it looks to me. Hopefully, I can get my behind in gear to do that.

No comments: