Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Belated Post on the End of the World That Wasn't

Two weeks from today will mark the five-month anniversary of when the world was supposedly supposed to end when it did not. I had thought that it may or may not happen.
What I remember about where I was on October 21, 2011 was that I did my volunteer work in the day and then spent the evening with my then boyfriend/now fiance. (And even if there had been no doubt that the world would end at that time, what better way to spend one's final days than with their loved ones, right?) When I woke up the next morning, the world was still going.

At no point in my life has it ever occured to me to try to predict when (or how for that matter) the world would end. Maybe it's because I'm often so busy with day-to-day type stuff. But hopefully, we won't have to worry about these types of scares ever again.

No comments: