Friday, September 30, 2011

Twenty-one Days until the [Supposed] End of the World

This morning, I got rid of a few pairs of worn out slippers, a couple of purses that weren't in that great of shape, and a broken belt. That's less stuff that I have taking up space in my room at this point.
If it's true that the end of the world is three weeks from today, then whatever of my stuff I still have that has not been used up or worn out or whatever will go to waste, or maybe it will disappear.

I remember listening to Family Radio on the Monday night that followed the Judgement Day that wasn't. Someone asked Harold Camping if he was going to give away his possessions prior to October 21. He asked why he would do that. After all that is supposed to be the end of the world which would mean that everybody would be dead, so what would whoever got his stuff do with it?

I guess if the world were to end in three weeks, there'd be no sense in adding anything to my name that I wouldn't be able to use up within that time frame would there? Oh well, I might be getting rid of more stuff before then, though.

No comments: