Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Twenty-four Days until the [Supposed] End of the World

Today was a bit better than yesterday. I didn't really do much today though. I did some laundry, took some cans and bottles to a recycling bin, and nodded off for a bit. Oh well, even if the world is to end on October 21, at least I still have time to have a productive day.
This evening, in Facebook's chatroom, when my boyfriend had asked me if I had worked on some books that I have been in the process of editing (the books in question being ones that I've written drafts of), I told him no, and that I had dozed off at some point in the day and he said it wasn't the end of the world, that there's nothing wrong with a nap in the day. That's when I reminded him that according to certain sites out there that it WILL be the end of the world three weeks from Friday. He doesn't buy it. (Not that I'm surprised.)  He, like many others, recalls the part of the Bible that says that no one knows the day or the hour. When I told him that the people who have stood by the May 21 and October 21 predictions have their ways of explaining away the "no one knows the day or the hour" part of the Bible, he said that they're just wrong. He also said that, after October 21 comes and goes with nothing happening, they'll just pick another date.

I'm still in the "we'll see" camp as far as whether or not the world will end three weeks from Friday. All I really know about that date is that either the people who have sworn to that to be the end of the world will be screwed or those that did not buy it will be screwed. That's all I'm going to say.

No comments: