Sunday, October 17, 2010

What'll I Write About In November?

Two weeks from tomorrow, I will be involved in National Novel Writing Month or Nano Wrimo for short. It's a challenge to write a 50,000+ word "novel" over the course of the month. During this month, quality is no object, so one is not supposed to do any editing until the month is up. (That is what the months after it are for.)  Thus, one could have a lot of scene gaps, cliches, etc. going on.

I took part in that challenge for the first time last year and exceeded the 50,000 mark. Back then, I wasn't sure about what the plot details would be, but I did have a tentative title called A Course of Canine Events centering on dogs and their owners. I even used characters I hadn't even planned on using. I'm in the process of editing, but it has been a slow process.

I plan on doing the challenge again, but I have no clue what I will write about this time. It could just be that I do something picturesque that has loosely related events. Then again, maybe something will come up at the last minute in a dream.

At least I have two weeks to think it over.

No comments: