Thursday, July 21, 2011

Three Months Until the (Supposed) End of the World

It's been two months since the day when the day that was "supposed" to be Judgement Day consisted of a "spiritual" judgement rather than a physical one.The latest I had heard about Harold Camping, who was behind the May 21 prediciton, was that after his stroke in June, he moved to a nursing home and his show "Open Forum" was cancelled at the end of the month. Whether or not he will be around to even see October 21 remains to be seen.

If we only have three months until the end of the world, then I only have three months to worry about looking for a job (which I have yet to have any luck with), three months to clean out my gmail box (some of which I did today), and three months to read all five books that I have in my reading pile, including the one I'm currently on. (I currently read one chapter per day, except during end of the month read-a-thons.) And that month will be my last chance to have any of the novels that I'm currently in the process of editing published. (I generally do fifteen minutes per draft per day.)  In short, I have a lot to do.

But that day has yet to come, so it remains to be seen whether or not it will truly be the end of the world.

No comments: