Sunday, July 31, 2011

Been Feeling "Blue" Lately

By "blue" I don't mean sad or depressed. What I mean is that, sometime last week, for some reason, I had the urge to wear some bold blue nail polish (fingernails and toenails) that I had gotten this past Christmas and which I put on Tuesday night, and then Wednesday and Friday, days that I do my volunteer work at a local thrift store, I dressed in a way that somehow involved the color blue. Wednesday, I wore a long dress with some blue in the floral pattern, and Friday, I wore a blouse with blue stripes.
There's a tan and black dress that I normally wear to church on Sundays. However, I questioned how well my polish, which I didn't really feel like taking off, would go with said dress, so instead, I wore a black skirt and a light blue top. One man in the congregation wore a blue-and-white striped polo with his black slacks today, and one lady's ensemble involved a blue cardigan. I joked with both of them they they evidently got the "blue" memo as well. Tomorrow, I might wear a top that has some blue in it.

Thinking about all of this blue business today has inspired me to look up this song which I haven't heard in a long time.

So, what about you? Do you ever have moments where you gravitate toward a certain color or style for a while for no apparent reason?

No comments: