Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Four Months Until the (Supposed) End of the World

It has been a month ago today since the rapture and earthquakes which were predicted would happen as a prelude to the end of the world didn't happen. Supposedly, God had come in "spiritual" way rather than a physical one, and the prediction for complete destruction of the world on October 21 of this year still stands.

Believe it or not, Harold Camping, who is behind all of these predictions, suffered a stroke earlier this month. As far as I know, he's still alive though. I don't know whether or not he saw said stroke coming. If he didn't (which is what I'm assuming), then it would seem that there's little point in trying to predict the end of the world or anything else that is probably a long way off if you can't even forsee more immediate crises. And besides, if he is still alive when October 21 comes and goes, and it turns out nothing happens then, I'm sure he will be more embarrassed than he was a month ago.

I won't really talk as much about the end of the world stuff as I did during the week leading up to it. However, I might say something in regard to it when the 21st of the next four months rolls around.

No comments: