Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Don't Do Drugs If You Plan On Going To Japan

I've just now saw an article online about Paris Hilton being banned from Japan due to her recent drug conviction. Up until today, I didn't know that Japan had a law denying entry for anyone convicted of a drug charge. (I've heard of Hilton's drug conviction for quite some time, but I would've thought that given the contoversy surrounding her DUI conviction in 2007 that she would have learned to stay out of trouble. But it's her life, not mine.) She hasn't been the only one who has had that problem, and the law is nothing new. The article mentioned the scenarios of Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, to name a few.

I don't know where I stand on Japan's law that one who is convicted of a drug offense can't come in. I'm not sure if I ever will since 1) I don't do drugs and 2) I have yet to have any cause to go to Japan. I will say this though: I've been taught in school to not do drugs because of all sorts of things that could happen. Well here's a new reason not to do drugs: there's no telling when you may have business calling you to Japan, and they don't want drug users in their country. (And even if going to Japan is NOT in your future, you don't need to be doing drugs anyway, okay?)

No comments: