Sunday, August 21, 2011

Two More Months until the [Supposed] End of the World

If a certain group of Christians is right, we only have two more months left until the world comes to an end. Since that is a while off yet, I'm still thinking "We'll see." However, with all that is going on in my life, I would hope that won't happen.

I recently got back together with an old high school boyfriend who, let's just say, has big plans for next year. It would be a bummer for him if the world were to end before he could follow through with said plans. Besides, did I mention that I recently got back together with him? If the world is going to end in two months, then that limits how long he and I will have to enjoy the relationship.

Also, I have a niece due to be born a week from tomorrow (Lord willing). I probably won't see her right away (since my sister's family, the one expecting the baby, lives in another town), but if the world is going to end in two months, I hope to see her before then.

I really shouldn't trouble myself with this idea of the world ending on any one date, I know. But this is one of those things that can't come to my attention and not float around my head. It probably will until October 22 rolls around.

No comments: