Friday, November 26, 2010

The Shoes Can Wait In The Morning, Especially If Someone Else Is Asleep

On Wednesday, I talked about having gotten away from wearing shoes around the house, or at least minimizing it anyway. Normally, I would put my loafers on in my bedroom and wear them from there out when I'm ready to go. However, while my stepdad to work (he works at Home Depot, which was participating in Black Friday today), and I was on one of my regularly scheduled days at a thrift store where I volunteer, the office where my mom works was closed today, which gave her license to sleep in. As part of my efforts to keep the noise on my end to a minimum before heading out, I carried my shoes to the front door and put them on there. After all, with the exception of one room in the house, we have no carpet whatsoever that could've muffled the sound any. Since we generally are one of those households that stores footwear in the bedroom, I had to take my slippers off and walk to the front door in my socks, shoes in hand. (Otherwise, I would've worn my slippers to the door and set them down in our entryway there.)

I don't know when I will get my own place. However, I think I'm more convinced than ever that if I have time to be home in the morning, I probably have time to be without my shoes, especially if someone arround me is trying to sleep (such as household members or downstairs neighbors) and I'll be moving about on hard floors, which muffle the sound. If it becomes feasible in whatever place I move into on my own, I'm going to set up something so that my shoe-slipper changes can be made at the door, even if noise is no object at the time, so that if noise is an issue, I won't have to worry about doing anything out of the ordinary.

No comments: