Thursday, November 25, 2010

If You're From The US, Happy Thanksgiving

In the past, Thanksgiving for me meant a day off from school if nothing else. I have the day off from my volunteer work. As it is Thursday, I'd have the day off anyway.

In the past two or three years, my mom and stepdad and I would go over to my sister's as she and her boyfriend opted to have Thanksgiving be their "hosting holiday". This year, we're staying put as my stepdad has to be up extra early tomorrow. (He works at Home Depot, and they're participating in "Black Friday"; the thrift store I volunteer for is participating in that day as well. Maybe I'll burn some of my Thanksgiving calories then.) Apart from the big dinner later today, I'll probably spend the day jumping back and forth between Facebook and working on my novel for National Novel Writing Month.

So, those of you in the US, Happy Thanksgiving. What will you be doing today?

No comments: